Tender Mercies That Make Me Act Like An Overly Excited Toddler

Rob and LeAnn got married this weekend. Rod and I took a long leisurely drive up through Stanley, then to Salmon for a visit with Summer and her crew, then up and over the mountains to Dillon. We passed through Wisdom and Jackson... 
Can I just explain to you the absolute atrocity that is the mosquito in those towns??? These things are not only HUGE, they exist in never ending hoards that appear to want to pick you up and carry you off to feast on you until you breathe your last. Miserable little brutes!
We spent the night at Dad's in Dillon. We got up and meandered around, slowly getting ready. I decided against the dress as it was windy and rainy, which equals COLD! Kim arrived and decided on jeans like me. It's nice to have a sister that sees the wisdom in my silliness. Hahaha
Rod and I traveled up to Elliston, stopping for a smoke break. Candice spotted us, so she pulled in for a quick hello. She had Uncle Kenny and her grandson with her. They ultimately followed us up. 
We arrived about 45 minutes early, which gave me time to find Jenna and hug the stuffing out of her. We palled around as much as possible, linking arms and conspiring like 2 old lady's. She's been doing neuro feedback and the change is amazing! She bright and happy, not as shy and just GLOWS. It was such fun being with her.
I also managed to help Candice and Uncle Kenny with some Veterans Affairs issues. It makes my heart so very happy to be of service in this way.
Dad and Kim kind of kept to themselves, but Kim and I found time to truly bond. She has a big heart that is caring and kind and very understanding. 
The wedding was beautiful. Their vows made me cry. I felt every word they both said because it is exactly how Rod and I feel about each other. She wore a rather risque (according to her) wedding gown, but she look stunning.
After the ceremony, I was able to mingle a bit. I met so many family members of Rod's. Finally!!! His cousin Brian, Marine Corps, is the CEO of a veteran's organization that gets veterans out in the wilds. Huge shout out to him. I asked him if I could connect with him to be able to broaden my network, which he was 100% on board with.
I felt a tap on my shoulder when we finished speaking. One of Leann's family members (Mike) wanted to chat. He is also a Marine. I was able to give him direction for his disability and I was in my element.  
Following my conversation with him, I found out that one of the Erichsen cousin's boyfriend graduated Marine Corps boot camp and was in a life changing accident while on boot leave. He was obviously discharged, but with no connection or anything. I was mad. Big Mad!!!
Mike was close by and told this young man to listen closely, I was about to change his life. While I'm not certain that I CAN help, it is an issue that I will hold on to until the end to try and get him some help.
The night before Rod and I left home, I told him how nervous I was to go. Lots of people I don't know and the prospect of being viewed the way I am used to being viewed was A LOT.
I am so very happy I went! I was able to help some veterans, meet family and actually became somewhat of a VIP because of it.
Understanding that the Lord truly does work in mysterious ways helps the phrase "Let your faith be bigger than your fear" become even more real. 
If I hadn't gone, I wouldn't have found 3 veterans to help and a 4th to network with for the betterment of all veterans.
And I feel like a giddy little girl about it!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellow

Medicated Thoughts

Another Win